11 Travel Items You Shouldn’t Leave Home Without
Summer time = travel time! Wherever you chose to wander, make sure you bring the following items to help you save cash, space and time.
1. A sturdy carry-on bag. Your carry-on bag should be durable and flexible. Backpacks are great for camping, hiking, and city tours, while luggage can hold more items and keep them organized. Whatever you choose, make sure your bag is lightweight and tough.
2. Cap or Hat. Unless you plan to stay indoors for most of your trip, a good cap or hat is a must. It can protect your head from the rays of the sun or sudden rain, and keep your head warm in cooler climates.
3. Mini First Aid Kit. You’ve got places to go and sights to see but oh no, you feel a headache/tummyache/sore throat coming on! It’s always good to have some basic meds, band aids, lozenges, ointment or balm, and other first aid items on hand so your vacation leave won’t turn into a sick leave.
4. Clothes you can layer. Weather can be unpredictable. Make sure you have just the right thing to wear by packing clothes that are lightweight and easy to layer. For men, short sleeved polos and t-shirts; for women, cover ups, sleeveless tops, and shawls.
5. Sarong. One of most versatile items you can bring along. For hot or warm weather, your sarong can be a cover-up or a skirt. For cold weather, use it like a shawl. Use your sarong as an instant blanket while napping on the plane, as a spread for a picnic at the park, or lay it over the sand while sunbathing on a beach.
6. Neck or Travel Pillow. Waking up with a crick in the neck can leave you feeling cranky all day. That’s why a good, portable pillow is a must during long-haul flights or when you need to take a power nap in-between stops on your trip.
7. Luggage Organizer. Separate your shoes, laundry, clean clothes, and toiletries with luggage organizers. After all, more space in your luggage means more pasalubong!
8. Cosmetic organizer. Sunscreen, moisturizer, lip balm, foundation, mascara, eyeliner — are you sure you have all the cosmetics you need? Keep them in a cute organizer so you don’t lost them on the trip!
9. Sleeping Kit. Do you have trouble sleeping while traveling (in a bus, car, or plane) or in a new place? Then be sure to pack a “sleeping kit” with the following: an eye mask, earplugs, travel or neck pillow, and socks.
10. Universal Travel Adapter/Converter. If you’re taking a trip outside the country, make sure you bring a travel adapter and/or converter for your cell phone charger, tablet, laptop, and other electronics.
11. Sturdy luggage. You can’t travel properly without this. Are you going for hardcase or softcase? Whichever you choose, make sure your luggage is both durable and fashionable. Check out some of our travel gear items on sale now until April 14!
Get up to 50% off on great luggage selections at the #MetroTravelGearSale happening from March 18 - April 14 at all Metro Stores. Go check out the Metro Store nearest you for more travel must-haves! See this post for more: